Salmonella killer for animal feed
Article number: 1002605
Salmonella contamination of feed and feed raw materials can be major potential problem for livestock producers. Grains and oil seeds have lower (1 - 3%) incidence of Salmonella contamination than do ingredients obtained from animal byproducts (5 - 85%). Non-pullorum Salmonella serotypes, such as typhimurium, enteritidis and heidelberg, are the causative bacterial agents in most cases of reported for poisoning.
By treating raw materials and compound feeds with MILLERSAL-DRY the infection cycle can be broken.
- MILLERSAL-DRY is based on organic acids and their salts.
- MILLERSAL-DRY is non-toxic to operators and non-corrosive to mill machinery.
- MILLERSAL-DRY is a fine free flowing powder and is easy to mix. It can be mixed with all normal ingredients in feed without any interactions.
- MILLERSAL-DRY is very stable for pelleting conditions.
MILLERSAL-DRY is most effective in feed and raw materials with a relative high moisture content. In that way the active ingredients in MILLERSAL-DRY can more easily distribute throughout the treated products.
Contaminated feed and water ingested by the bird enters the crop where there is a high moisture content and a sufficiently low pH to eliminate a high percentage of potential pathogens. The presence of MILLERSAL-DRY in the crop should effectively minimize the risk of salmonella infection from this source.
- Finished feed: 4 kgs / MT
- Animal-meal, bone-meal and other ingredients of animal origin: 6 kgs / MT
- Fish-meal: 14 kgs / MT
Where the risk of Salmonella infection is great the dosage can safely be increased to +30%.
Stable for at least 2 years, when stored in a dry and cool place.
20 kgs bag.